To put the Komodo app on your Kindle Fire, visit this page, or simply search for Komodo and download it in the Amazon Fire App store on your Kindle.
If your Kindle Fire is set up with an individual profile for each user, you’ll then need to manually add Komodo to your child’s profile.
To do this, swipe down from the top of the screen in your own Kindle profile and select the little cogwheel symbol to get into your settings.
- Under Personal select Parental Controls.
- Select Household Profiles and then the name of the child whose profile you’d like to manage.
- Select Add Content
- Select Share Content
You’ll find Komodo under the Games and Apps tab - just select it so that it is ticked and your child will be able to see it in their profile the next time they log in.
**NB You can do a lot of things in the Parental Controls section, like setting daily usage limits, goals for educational apps or reading, and times when the Kindle will automatically switch off for meals or bedtime. This is a really good idea to make sure your children use their devices in a balanced way!**
The Instructions are very similar for adding Komodo to Fire for Kids:
One of the things you'll need to do in the regular Fire for Kids app is nominate the content that your children will have access to. This gives you complete vetting, as you'll be responsible for allowing access to various apps and games.
It's easy enough to add content, but you have to follow these steps:
- In the adult profile, head to Amazon Apps and find the app or game you want, download and install it.
- Open the Fire for Kids app, and open the profile of the child you want to grant access to.
- Tap "Add Content" and then pick the category, e.g., Games & Apps, and select the apps you want to allow the child to see.
- Hit done at the bottom of the page.
- Sign back into the child's profile to access the app.